|PET CT||$2500 - $3000|
|Blood test (general, biochemical, hormonal)||$650|
|Coagulogram||$300 - $400|
|EEG (Electroencephalography)||$5600 - $5800|
Sant Joan de Deu
Children's Hospital Sant Joan de Deu is the best Spanish clinic for children in Barcelona. More than 13 thousand operations are performed at the Children's Hospital of Sant Joan de Deu annually and more than 3 thousand women in labor are accepted. The hospital has 225,000 outpatients and has already conducted five validated clinical trials. Sant Joan de Deu has 328 inpatient beds and 1,484 medical staff.
Diagnostic and treatment prices
Children's Hospital of Sant Joan de Deu
The Children's Hospital, located in Barcelona, Spain, is one of the leading universities in Europe for childhood and adolescence. It offers an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to maternal and pediatric health care from birth to 18 years of age.
- Leading national center for the treatment of oncological pathology in the period of development
- World-class leading center for all types of cancer
- 3rd leading center in Europe for the number of scientific discoveries in the field of childhood diseases
- 1 Pediatric Clinical Research Unit and Tissue and Tumor Bank
- SJD - deals with the treatment of diseases of any complexity in children and adolescents.
Leave a request on our Clinics Direct website and get an individual treatment program, find out the cost of diagnostics, surgery in the best clinics abroad!
The center specializes in the following medical areas:
- Oncology and Hematology,
- Ewing's sarcoma,
- Wilms tumor
- brainstem glioma,
- neuroblastoma grade 4 (only here and in America),
- CAR T-cell therapy in the treatment of leukemia,
- surgical treatment of epilepsy,
- limb malformation treatment
- surgical treatment of scoliosis,
- intraocular and orbital tumors (retinoblastoma),
- fetal surgery (fetal medicine).
More than 13 thousand operations are performed at the Children's Hospital of Sant Joan de Deu annually and more than 3 thousand women in labor are accepted. The hospital has 225,000 outpatients and has already conducted five validated clinical trials. Sant Joan de Deu has 328 inpatient beds and 1,484 medical staff.
Sant Joan de Deu (aka Sant Joan de Deu, aka Sant Joan de Deu) is a private children's hospital that was founded in 1867. This medical institution for mothers and children is a leader among its kind, as it provides a very wide range of medical services, is accredited by the National Health of Spain and is a member of the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Organizations (NACHRI).
In addition to physical treatment, the hospital also provides psychological support to mother and child, and practices the presence of parents at all stages of treatment for their children.
Clinic Sant Joan de Deu is one of the best private children's hospital, which has been helping children with the most serious illnesses since 1867.
This is a medical center for mothers and children - a leader among its kind, as it provides a very wide range of medical services, has accreditation and is a member of the association of children's hospitals.
Much attention is paid to psychological support for mothers and children. And most importantly, the clinic practices the presence of parents at all stages of the treatment of their children, which affects a quick recovery.
If in doubt, below we provide the main advantages of the clinic:
- Sant Joan de Deu applies new technologies and constantly carries out various medical research,
- the hospital operates laboratories, conducts the study of DNA pathologies,
- conduct research in the field of hereditary connective tissue diseases,
- oncologists study the occurrence and treatment at the molecular level,
- treat fetal-type diseases and neurometabolic disorders.
Why are “little patients” treated at Sant Joan de Deu?
- the experts of the clinic carried out 11 scientific discoveries, which helped to bring medicine and treatment, in particular, to a new level,
- high-quality telemonitoring of pregnancy is used for women;
- smart sensors for newborn cameras were created;
- effectively use play therapy for children.
- round-the-clock supervision in operating and intensive care units, which guarantees safety and timely assistance.
The main directions with which they work in Sant Joan de Deu:
- Oncology and Hematology - is the leading department among similar ones in Spain, and takes on the treatment of all types of oncological diseases and rare hematological ones. The center is equipped with four chambers with HEPA filters and positive pressure for bone marrow transplant patients.
- Neurology is an effective treatment for : paraplegia, ataxia , including hereditary diseases, neurometabolic metabolic disorders, as well as refractory epilepsy.
- Cardiology is the best cardiology center in Europe , as it has the lowest mortality rate among patients; children with cardiovascular diseases, congenital heart defects, and atrial septal defects are treated here.
- Traumatology and Orthopedics - the department brings together the best orthopedists in Spain in the following areas: treatment of scoliosis, hip joints, clubfoot and congenital defects, ligament and muscle damage.
- Rehabilitation - effective recovery includes the involvement of the patient's family in the rehabilitation program, individually for each child, rehabilitation is coordinated by a team of specialists.
Why should you apply for oncology treatment in Sant Joan de Deu?
- Clinic San Joan was one of the first in Europe to use intra-arterial chemotherapy for patients with retinoblastoma, which prevents the loss of an eye in a patient at an advanced stage of the disease;
- for the treatment of neuroblastoma - the Spanish Cancer Center was the first in Europe to use anti-GD2 immunotherapy, which increases patient survival by 20%, and in the future by three years - 68%;
- the survival rate of patients with lymphoblastic leukemia - a malignant disease of the hematopoietic system - is as much as 84%;
- in bone marrow transplantation, the patient's survival rate from a relative donor is 90-100%, not a relative - 70-80%
Clinic service for patients
- Patients of Sant Joan de Deu are accommodated in comfortable rooms for one, two or three people, or they receive assistance in finding and booking a hotel, if the need arises.
- Sant Joan de Deu also assists in obtaining visas, if any, and issues invitations through the consulate.
- From the side of the clinic, transfer and translation services are possible. Also, in addition to Spanish, the hospital staff also speaks English.
Still have questions? Then, right now, leave a request on our Direct Clinic portal or call the contact phone number and the coordinating doctor will help you!
At the São Joan de Deu Hospital, children are treated for brain tumors. During operations, doctors use minimally invasive surgery techniques. They perform all actions through the patient's nose or a small hole in the skull bone (up to 3 cm in diameter).
Neurosurgeons at Sant Joan de Deu Hospital were the first in Spain to use endoscopy to treat tumors. Such operations allow removing neoplasms in the brain without damaging healthy tissue.
The Department of Pediatric Neurology has been operating for 40 years, and the authority of its specialists is recognized in Europe.
The neurologists of the children's hospital work together with specialists from other departments if the disease affects other aspects of the child's health. The department has specialized blocks for treatment
- developmental disorders;
- Russ troystv autistic spectrum;
The main focus is early diagnosis and treatment of developmental disorders in children under 6 years of age . Doctors treat children with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, autism and ataxia. The purpose of early intervention programs is to develop the child's existing skills to interact with the environment. The specialists provide the patient's family with the information and support they need.
Pediatric epilepsy treatment at Sant Joan de Deu Hospital
Doctors of the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery at the Children's Hospital of Sant Joan de Deu specialize in the diagnosis of resistant forms of epilepsy , their medication and surgical treatment. The clinic employs one of the world's top neurosurgeons, Dr. Enrique Ferrer . In his work, he uses the methods of minimally invasive surgery, which makes it possible to carry out complex operations with minimal side effects on the child's body. The special equipment of the clinic's laboratories makes it possible to detect the majority of neurological diseases at the earliest stages.
How much does an epilepsy examination cost at the São João de Deu Clinic?
The cost of diagnostics for epilepsy in the blade is about 3000 € . The price includes standard examination methods such as a blood test, radiological examination (MRI, CT), EEG, as well as the selection of the necessary treatment.
The specialists of the international patient support center Clinics Direct will help you get a complete treatment program at the clinic.
São Joan de Daewoo uses minimally invasive methods for the surgical treatment of brain cancer in children. It performs endoscopic brain surgery and microsurgery under the control of neuronavigation. During the removal of a malignant tumor, a magnetic resonance imaging card of the brain of a small patient is used. It allows neurosurgeons to pinpoint the location of the lesion and track the movements of surgical instruments. With the help of neuronavigation and a special operating robot, the removal of malignant brain tumors in children is carried out to the maximum extent.
Clinic No. 1 for the treatment of leukemia in children
- Why is São João de Deu Hospital leading the way in the treatment of childhood leukemia?
- Pediatric hematologists of the clinic
- Treatment of acute and chronic leukemia in children
- Features of payment for treatment in the clinic Sant Joan de Deu
Why is São João de Deu Hospital leading the way in the treatment of childhood leukemia?
The Spanish hospital São João de Deu specializes exclusively in pediatrics and occupies a leading position in Europe and the world in the treatment of pediatric oncological and hematological pathologies. The clinic has all the necessary conditions for admitting young patients. Professional educators, psychologists, animators work here to maintain the mental health of sick children.
Center for Pediatric Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Sant Joan deu is the largest in Spain. Transplant success statistics - up to 95%. Doctors of the Center accept children with acute and chronic forms of leukemia for treatment.
Pediatric hematologists of the clinic
The Department of Hematology is headed by Professor Isabel Badel Serra . Prof. Badel took part in the first bone marrow transplant in Spain in 1976 and has performed over 500 transplants for children. The senior TCM specialist is Dr. Susana Rives Sola , who has been practicing at the hospital since 2000.
The treatment of childhood leukemia is also supervised by the chief oncologist of São João de Daewoo, Dr. Jauma Mora Graupera. The doctor regularly undergoes internships in the United States and participates in clinical research in pediatric oncology. Dr. Zhauma Mora specializes in the drug treatment of leukemia: chemotherapy, targeted and immune therapy.
Treatment of acute and chronic leukemia in children
For the treatment of leukemia in children, Spanish specialists use sparing chemotherapy and biological treatment (targeted, immunotherapy). Chronic forms of leukemia in the clinic are treated only with medication.
In the remission stage of acute leukemia, the child needs a bone marrow stem cell transplant. This is the most effective procedure with a 95% success rate in the hospital. Oncohematologists of São João de Deu carry out transplants of the patient's own stem cells and transplants from donors, which are searched for through international banks.
Features of payment for treatment in the clinic Sant Joan de Deu
The São João de Deu Clinic accepts foreign patients under 21 years of age for the treatment of leukemia and bone marrow transplantation on a deposit basis. Before starting the surgical treatment (TCM), the patient pays € 138,134 . If the total cost of all procedures is lower, the clinic will return the balance. Most of the costs in this amount are taken by the search for a donor - € 8,000 to € 60,000 .
The cost of drug treatment is formed on an individual basis. You can get a leukemia treatment program for your case from the coordinating physician of Clinics Direct.
Clinic # 1 for the treatment of leukemia in children
- What is special about the Spanish clinic Sant Joan de Deu?
- Specialists in the treatment of blood cancer in children
- Treatment of acute and chronic forms of leukemia
- Cost of blood cancer treatment at São João de Deu Hospital
What is special about the Spanish clinic Sant Joan de Deu?
The São João de Deu Medical Center accepts children and adolescents (up to 21 years of age) for treatment and occupies a leading position in Europe in the treatment of blood cancer. The clinic has all the conditions for admitting small patients and carrying out such complex procedures as bone marrow transplantation.
The hospital has 4 individual boxes with HEPA filters and positive pressure, which meet the latest safety requirements. Each of the boxes has an extra bed for one of the parents.
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) in Sant Joan de Déu is the largest in the country. The success rate for bone marrow transplants here is 95%. Doctors of the Center accept children with acute and chronic forms of leukemia for treatment.
Specialists in the treatment of blood cancer in children
The Department of Hematology is headed by Professor Isabel Badel Serra . She participated in the first bone marrow transplantation in Spain (1976) and during her professional career she performed more than 500 transplants for children. Prof. Badel works with his assistant, Dr. Susana Rives Sola , who has been practicing at the hospital since 2000.
Medical treatment of leukemia (chemotherapy, targeted therapy) is carried out by the chief oncologist of the clinic, Dr. Jauma Mora Graupera. He regularly interns in the United States and participates in scientific research in pediatric oncology.
Treatment of acute and chronic forms of leukemia
In the remission stage of acute leukemia, the child is prescribed a bone marrow stem cell transplant. On the basis of the hospital, transplants of the patient's own stem cells and transplants from donors are carried out, the search for which is carried out through international banks.
Cost of blood cancer treatment at São João de Deu Hospital
The São João de Deu Clinic accepts foreign patients on a deposit basis. Before starting the surgical treatment of leukemia (BMT), the patient pays € 138,134 . If the total cost of all procedures is lower, the clinic returns the balance to the patient. Most of the costs are covered by the search for a donor - € 8,000 to € 60,000 .
The cost of blood cancer drug treatment is determined on an individual basis. You can get a leukemia treatment program for your case from the coordinating physician of Clinics Direct.
Doctors Sant Joan de Deu accept children and adolescents under the age of 21 for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Chemotherapy is performed by Jauma Mora Grauper. For the effective treatment of children with oncology, Dr. Grauper received an award from the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP). Bone marrow transplant is performed by Isabel Badel Serra. She has performed over 500 BMTs for children. The clinic has 4 boxes for bone marrow transplantation. The efficiency of transplantation in Sant Joan de Deu is 95% . The 5-year survival rate after treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia is 84% .
Rehabilitation of children on the Mediterranean coast
- Rehabilitation methods after a stroke in a child
- The cost of rehabilitation of children after a stroke
Hospital Sant Joan de Deu is located on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. The mild climate and environment have an extremely beneficial effect on the process of restoring the health of a child who has suffered a stroke. In addition, the hospital has a social program aimed at making it easier for the child to stay in the hospital. The program involves clowns, animators, teachers, psychologists.
Rehabilitation methods after a stroke in a child
- botulinum therapy is Botox injections to relieve spasticity;
- classes with a speech therapist help the child restore impaired speech and swallowing function;
- There is a whole department for occupational therapy in the hospital, equipped with home comfort. Here children learn to be as independent as possible;
- exoskeleton - a mechanical device, which is an orthosis, with the help of which the child learns again to maintain an upright position and walk;
- outdoor physiotherapy;
- classes with a neuropsychologist help to identify and eliminate cognitive impairments;
- hydrotherapy means classes in a therapeutic pool with a movable floor;
- electrotherapy to stimulate weakened muscles;
- classes in 2 gyms , 1 of which is intended for neurorehabilitation.
The cost of rehabilitation of children after a stroke
- The first stage of treatment is intensive care immediately after admission. The cost of a weekly hospital with full board is 1970 € ;
- The second stage is outpatient treatment. Its cost is 930 € per week or 90 € per hour of lessons .
Get a personalized stroke rehabilitation program
The Department of Pediatric Oncology of Sant Joan de Deu receives 2,000 children annually. The hospital specializes in the treatment of sarcomas, brain tumors, and kidney cancer. 90% of patients with retinoblastoma retain their eye after treatment in the clinic. The effectiveness of the treatment of Ewing's sarcoma is 85%.
Doctors Sant Joan de Deu deal with the treatment of rare diseases (neutropenia, hemoglobinopathy, hemolytic anemia).
The department has a specialized department of pediatric hematology oncology.
The effectiveness of treatment for high-risk neuroblastoma (prone to relapse) is 68% . It is precisely this number of children who have not had relapses for three years.
The clinic uses a new method of treating aggressive forms of neuroblastoma - immunotherapy with GD2 antibodies . It helps the body find and destroy cancer cells on its own. So it is possible to get rid of the tumor without the use of aggressive chemotherapy drugs.
This method is prescribed only after a comprehensive diagnosis, since it is not suitable for all types of neuroblastoma.
Children's Hospital Sant Joan de Deu accepts children from infancy to 21 years of age for treatment. Klinka is included in the TOP-5 of the best medical centers in Europe and is recognized as the most authoritative in the field of pediatric oncology treatment. The center has a molecular diagnostics laboratory and is actively involved in the development of innovative therapy methods.
Nephroblastoma is treated in the Oncology and Surgical Departments. After diagnosis, the child's treatment plan is discussed at an interdisciplinary council. There are oncologists, oncosurgeons, radiologists, anesthesiologists.
The price for treatment of Wilms' tumor may vary depending on the stage of development of the disease and the presence of metastases.
The Department of Oncology at Sant Joan de Deu Hospital is the leading in the country. The hospital is accredited by the Spanish National Health. Doctors pay great attention to the psychological support of the child and his parents. Here, minimally invasive surgeries are preferred to reduce risks and side effects.
Treatment of the defect of the interventricular septum in the Clinic Sant Joan de Deu is carried out in a specialized Center for Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery.
99 out of 100 children return to full life 3-4 months after surgery for congenital heart defects.
For accurate diagnosis, cardiac surgeons perform therapeutic catheterization. During the procedure, a special probe is inserted into the heart through a catheter. With it, the doctor can see the hole in the wall between the ventricles and choose the best treatment. The procedure is performed through a puncture in the artery and does not require long-term hospitalization of the child.
After diagnosis, the cardiologist prescribes drug treatment or catheter surgery to close the defect.
The duration and cost of treatment depend on the size of the child's heart defect.
The Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Sant Joan de Deu Hospital in Barcelona deals with the surgical treatment of children with diseases of the central nervous system, brain and spinal cord. The department carries out surgical treatment of epilepsy in children, hydrocephalus, anomalies in the development of the head and neck (Arnold-Chiari syndrome). During operations, neuroendoscopy, neuronavigation systems and surgical robots are used for complex tumor resection.