Medical Center in Solingen
The Academic Hospital Solingen has opened its doors to patients from all over the world. Since 2015, Solingen has been included in the TOP clinics for treatment in Germany according to the authoritative Focus magazine, as well as one of the best clinics for treatment abroad. Leading specialists in the field of neurosurgery, orthopedics, and oncology work here and gastroenterology. All operating doctors have at least 20 years of experience.
Academic Hospital Solingen
Opened its doors to patients from all over the world. Since 2015, Solingen has been included in the TOP clinics for treatment in Germany according to the authoritative magazine Focus, as well as one of the best clinics for treatment abroad. Leading specialists in the field of neurosurgery, orthopedics, oncology and gastroenterology work here. All operating doctors have at least 20 years of experience.
The German Academic Hospital Solingen, aka Solingen at the University of Cologne, was founded in 1863 and is currently one of the most popular medical institutions for treatment in Europe. The hospital is equipped with advanced equipment and convenient boards, and employs professionals with over 20 years of experience in medicine. Solingen consists of 15 clinics, centers and institutes, and covers almost all areas of medicine.
on our website Direct and get an individual treatment program, find out the cost of diagnostics, surgery in the best clinic in Germany!
Diagnostics at Solingen Hospital
Solingen uses a variety of advanced diagnostic techniques. Among them:
- colonoscopy and endoscopy - with the help of an endoscope it is possible to diagnose various bowel diseases, biopsy and even remove diseased areas.
- mammography is a non-invasive method for diagnosing the breast for good - or malignant tumors
- Ultrasound or sonography - ultrasound examination of internal organs
- Irrigoscopy - special X-ray of the intestine
- magnetic resonance imaging intestines
- fibroscopy - examination of the intestine, performed using a fibroscope
- electrocardiography - a method of studying the state of the heart
- Kipptish study to study the patient's circulation
- complex echocardiography - a type of diagnosis of the state of the heart and its valve apparatus
- coronary angiography - X-ray of the heart artery.
Treatment at the Solingen Clinic
A new generation of operations is performed in Solingen - minimally invasive and minimally traumatic. Among those:
- radiosurgery - a type of radiation therapy used in the fight against cancer
- rotablation - removal of atherosclerotic coronary plaques from the blood
- Angioplasty (also stenting and ballooning) - expansion of the coronary arteries using a special frame
- implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- spine treatment
- prostate cancer (prostate)
- kidney cancer
- breast cancer
- throat cancer
The hospital also practices robotic and laser surgery, and combined courses of chemotherapy. Cost and accommodation in Solingen
As a rule, the cost of treatment in Germany for foreigners in German clinics comes with a mark-up of about 10-20%. However, the Solingen hospital dealership does not support such a policy, and therefore the price of their services for both German citizens and foreigners is the same. At the same time, the clinic operates a coordination center for foreign patients around the clock. According to the estimates of the clinic itself, it serves over 27 thousand patients in a hospital and over 30 thousand on an outpatient basis per year.
For example, the cost of treating prostate cancer with radiation therapy starts from 12,000 euros.
The hospital has wards for 716 beds in two classes: standard and luxury. All wards are equipped with comfortable mechanized beds with a lifting back, and each ward has its own bathroom. Hospitalization is included in the cost of treatment. Also for the patient's relatives, Solingen offers the opportunity to rent an apartment right on the hospital grounds. The cost of such a service ranges from 50 to 60 euros per day and can accommodate up to four people at a time.
Hospital accommodation for the patient includes three meals a day with the option to choose from three types of menus. The hospital also provides dietary and diabetic diets.
Various cafes are located on the territory of Solingen for relatives and friends. There is a botanical garden next to the hospital.
Departments and staff of the Academic Hospital Solingen
Main branches of Solingen:
- Department of Neurosurgery,
- Trauma and Orthopedics Department,
- cardiology department.
In addition, the hospital has a department of urology, senology, otolaryngology, nephrology, etc. The medical staff numbers over 1700 doctors, nurses and attendants. </ p>
The head physician of the hospital is Professor Wolfgang Schwenck, specializing in general, visceral, vascular and oncological surgery. He has been practicing medicine for over 25 years, and is the author of the only manual on perioperative medicine in German. He was repeatedly awarded prizes from medical societies for his achievements and high level of professionalism.
Department of Neurosurgery
Leader is Professor Ralph Buhl, over the years, has successfully operated on more than 4,000 patients and is currently George Clooney's physician. The Department of Neurosurgery successfully performs operations on the brain and spinal cord for patients with the following diagnoses:
- brain or spinal cord tumor,
- cerebral aneurysm
- astrocytoma and many others.
Before surgical treatment, the patient is hospitalized and undergoes diagnostics to confirm the diagnosis and localization of the affected meta brain, undergoes a consultation with a professor, and after that treatment begins. The length of stay in the clinic is determined by the complexity of the operation and the required time for recovery, it can take from 10 days to a month. Please note that cancer treatment may require radiation therapy and chemotherapy in combination.
Estimated cost for neurosurgical surgery on the spinal cord or brain from € 15,000.
Department of Gastroenterology
The Department of Gastroenterology and Oncology is assigned to Professor Boris Pfaffenbach, a surgeon with over 25 years of experience. For its professionalism, his department was awarded the certificate of the German Cancer Society. The department houses an endoscopy and functional diagnostics center offering various methods of diagnosing bowel diseases. The department has 107 beds, and also has 8 more beds in the infectious diseases ward.
Strengths of Gastroenterology Treatment:
- complex diagnostics of patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- oncological diagnostics: biopsy during endoscopy
- surgical removal of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract laparoscopically,
- Obesity Treatment and Metabolic Surgery - Bariatrics
- medical treatment of gastritis, colitis, etc.
Department of Traumatology
The head of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics is Professor Sascha Flohe, an expert in arthroplasty and hand microsurgery. Among his achievements are the experience of field medicine in Afghanistan and the successful engraftment of previously amputated fingers on a patient. In the department of Professor Floe , about seven operations of the musculoskeletal system are performed every day and more than 350 joints are implanted and prosthetic every year.
The Department of Traumatology successfully conducts:
- joint replacement: hip, knee, shoulder,
- correct posture,
- surgical treatment of scoliosis,
- congenital injuries and deformities.
Estimated cost of joint replacement - price for endoprosthetics - from € 16,000.
Department of Nephrology and General Internal Medicine
The Department of Nephrology and General Internal Medicine performs a huge number of operations - about 300 per month. The department specializes in kidney diseases, metabolic problems, rheumatology, blood pressure and diabetology. The Department of Nephrology has 66 beds for inpatients and 19 for dialysis. Chief Physician - Professor Peter Heering.
Breast Cancer Treatment
One of the strongest departments of the Solingen Clinic treats patients with various breast diseases. First of all, women undergo a consultation with a mammologist and the necessary tests: blood, hormones, etc. The compulsory screening includes: CT and ultrasound of the mammary gland. The clinic offers not only surgical treatment, but also radiation / radiotherapy and chemotherapy. The principle of treatment is determined by the attending physician after a complete diagnosis, establishment of the stage and localization of the malignant process.
Cost breast cancer treatment from € 16,000.
Solingen in numbers
- 50 defibrillator implantations
- 80 surgeries to remove a brain tumor
- 100 knee replacement surgeries
- 200 pacemaker implantation surgeries
- 250 hip replacement surgeries
- 2500 operations on the musculoskeletal system
- More than 3000 cardiac surgeries
- Translation of medical information into a foreign language
- Individual treatment program with cost
- Organization of travel: air tickets, hotel, translator
- Meeting at the airport
- Food and accommodation
- Discharges in native language after the end of treatment.
If you have any questions or need advice - Leave a request on our website Clinics Direct! Our doctors will answer and advise in your specific situation.