Dr. Klaus Luque is the chief physician, head of the Ophthalmology Department at the Bremen Mitte Clinic. Specializes in eye surgery.
In 1977 Dr. Luque received the degree of Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. The doctor continued his studies at the universities of Essen, Dusseldorf, and Lübeck (Germany).
Klaus Luque began practicing in 1978. He underwent internship in clinics in Cape Town (South Africa), Lübeck, and Bremen (Germany).
Since 1993 he has been working as an ophthalmic surgeon in Bremen eye clinic.
Make an appointment
Appointment with Dr. Luque takes up to 1 hour. During the consultation, he will examine the ground of patient's eye and study medical records. The doctor will prescribe additional examinations to make an accurate diagnosis and choose the best treatment method.
To get an appointment with Luque, submit a request on Clinics Direct website. Medical Doctor will contact you to reserve the time and date of your visit.
Dr. Klaus Luque is an author of 4 scientific works, which are devoted to the eye retina diseases treatment. The doctor is an author and co-author of 50 medical publications.
Membership in organizations
Klaus Luque is the founder and the first chairman of the Association of Ophthalmic Clinics of Outpatient and Inpatient Treatment. He is the president of the European VitreoRetinal Society (vitreoretinal surgery - a combined treatment method of the retina).
Klaus Luque is a member of the following communities:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO);
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS);
- American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS);
- German Society for IntraOcular Explantation (DGII);
- German Ophthalmological Society (DOG);
- The European VitreoRetinal Society (EVRS), Dr. Luque is the founder and president;
- Ophthalmological Society of South Africa (OSSA);
- Society of Retinologists;
- Association of North German Ophthalmologists.
Get second medical opinion
You don’t need to go to Germany for the consultation. Prof. Klaus Luque provides remote consultations. If your diagnosis and treatment plan are in doubt or you want to receive recommendations from a well-known doctor, get a second opinion.