The Motol University Hospital in Prague is the largest multidisciplinary medical institution in the Czech Republic, known for its high level of specialized services not only in Eastern Europe, but also beyond its borders. The hospital is accredited by the SAK (Spojené akreditační komise) certificate - the highest standard of quality in the provision of medical services in the Czech Republic, confirming the competence of doctors, patient safety, management efficiency and public confidence.
Motol University Hospital
The Motol University Hospital in Prague is the largest multidisciplinary medical institution in the Czech Republic, known for its high level of specialized services not only in Eastern Europe, but also beyond its borders.
The clinic was founded in 1971 and is under the direct patronage of the Ministry of Health. In 2008, a large-scale reconstruction of the children's section of the hospital took place, a helipad appeared near the building, which allows you to quickly deliver a patient to the emergency department - a child up to 50 seconds and an adult within 5 minutes.
Leave a request on our website Clinics Direct and get an individual treatment program, find out the cost of diagnostics, surgery in the best clinic in the Czech Republic!
More than a million patients a year are treated in the clinic on an outpatient basis, and another 79,000 in a hospital. The hospital is ready to provide 6,000 full-time employees and 2,199 comfortable beds in wards.
The hospital is accredited by the SAK (Spojené akreditační komise) certificate - the highest standard of quality in the provision of medical services in the Czech Republic, confirming the competence of doctors, patient safety, management efficiency and public confidence.
Motol Hospital is not only a modern clinical hospital of the European level, but also a leading research center.
The main advantages of the Motol clinic (Motol)
- the hospital has introduced the most advanced diagnostic and treatment systems: PET-MRI, PET-CT, linear accelerators (Novalis, VERSA), the Da Vinci Xi surgical robot;
- the hospital houses the Second Faculty of Medicine of Charles University, there are master's and doctoral programs for graduates (MD, Ph.D.);
- hospital doctors actively cooperate with American and European medical centers, receive research grants;
- ongoing clinical research is carried out within the framework of scholarship, postgraduate and doctoral programs, so that hospital patients have the opportunity to participate in the testing of innovative drugs and therapeutic methods.
Motol University Hospital is divided into a children's part (12 departments, including an ambulance and an intensive care unit) and an adult (21 departments), in addition, as separate structures, specialized centers function:
- Transplant Center;
- Children's cardiology center;
- Center for Visual Impairment;
- Center for Reproductology;
- Center for Assistance to Children with Developmental Disabilities and Their Families;
- Department of Sports Medicine.
The most important role in the international recognition and the clinic's rise to the leading European level of medicine was played by two major divisions - the Center for Reproductology and the Children's Heart Center.
Children's cardio center UKB Motol
Is a joint center of cardiology and cardiac surgery of republican significance.
First of all, the department is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired diseases of the heart and large vessels, arrhythmias, heart failure and impaired blood circulation in children from intrauterine development to 18 years of age.
The center also participates in the diagnosis and treatment of adults with congenital heart defects. Every year, 400-500 invasive interventions of any complexity (including organ transplantation) are performed at the cardiac center: from newborns to adults.
Center for reproductive medicine
The main attention in the Center for Obstetrics and Gynecology (Reproductive Department) is paid to the problem of successful artificial insemination by IVF method - it is for this procedure that patients from all over Europe and the countries of the former USSR mainly go to Motol.
Among the most popular IVF methods in the world at the Motol hospital, ICSI, IMSI, PICSI are used - which greatly increases the successful implantation of the embryo and avoids unwanted mutations and pathologies. On average, about 3,500 babies are born in the maternity ward of the clinic.
In addition, the clinic carries out a vitrification (cryopreservation) procedure, which makes it possible to preserve good embryos for repeated IVF.
Fertility doctors are constantly busy with the latest research in fertility treatments. So, in this clinic in 2016, a transplant operation was carried out, which is one of the 20 of all such transplant cases in the world.
The Motol University Hospital in Prague is always open to patients from all over the world - all conditions for effective medical tourism have been created here.
What is the service for patients in Motol?
- Assistance is provided in obtaining a visa, favorable insurance, transfer, accommodation;
- 24/7 accompanying guide-interpreter (Russian, English, German);
- Ambulance service 24/7;
- comfortable single and double rooms with the possibility of accommodating an accompanying person;
- Special and dietary food;
- Individual treatment regimen, adopted by an interdisciplinary council of doctors;
- Treatment at the Motol Medical Center is much cheaper than in Israel, the USA or Germany;
- rehabilitation program if necessary.
Still have questions? You can call us or leave a request on our website and experienced coordinating doctors will answer all your questions about the best specialists, clinics and treatment prices!