The Department of Neurosurgery at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (TASMC) specializes in the treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system in adults and children.
The department is headed by Zvi Ram , a doctor with 35 years of experience, a neurosurgeon, a member of the World Federation of Neurosurgery, a professor at the Department of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine (Tel Aviv University).
One of the most important specializations of the Department of Neurosurgery is the treatment of cerebral (intracranial) aneurysms.
Leading neurosurgeons of the department, professor Zvi Ram , prof. Shimon Maimon , Dr. Andrew Kanner , Dr. Margalit Navo , show phenomenal success - 97% of successful operations.
Intracranial aneurysm - a protrusion of the vessel wall with localization in the brain is especially dangerous due to the risk of stroke, and therefore requires careful diagnosis and early detection.
In TASMC have every opportunity to 100% diagnosis of aneurysm of the brain arteries:
Intracerebral angiography is a method of X-ray diagnostics of blood vessels using a contrast agent, which allows to reveal the shape, size and degree of vasoconstriction / expansion. Research is carried out by the method:
- CT angiography is a painless non-invasive diagnosis of cerebral vessels, which allows you to examine the vessels in as much detail as possible;
- MRI angiography is a high-precision layer-by- layer imaging of the brain that allows you to obtain three-dimensional images and cross-sections of blood vessels.
Cerebrospinal fluid analysis - performed in patients to detect intracranial (subarachnoid) hemorrhage.
General clinical diagnostics (complete blood biochemistry, coagulogram, visual tests).
Cost of vascular aneurysm diagnostics at Sourasky Medical Center
- Neurosurgeon's consultation - $ 800;
- detailed blood test - $ 470 ;
- CT scan of the brain - $ 780 ;
You can find out the exact cost of diagnostics from the coordinating physician at Clinics Direct.
Depending on the indications, degree of neglect, size, location, age of the patient and other concomitant diseases, an individual treatment regimen is prescribed, which can be used alone or in combination.
The main types of treatment for vascular aneurysm in the Ichilov clinic:
- Conservative (medication) - prescribed if the diagnosis did not reveal the risk of hemorrhage, the walls of the vessels are not torn, and the size is not more than 1 cm.
In this case, the patient's condition is monitored under the control of drugs (painkillers, anticonvulsants, etc.).
- Surgical intervention is the only option for the complete elimination of this vascular pathology:
- Open cranial surgery is a traditional transcranial intervention followed by "clipping" of a portion of the vessel;
- Endovascular embolization is a complex minimally invasive operation, during which the aneurysm is blocked by microcoils and excluded from the circulatory system. The method reduces risks to a minimum, is carried out under CT control.
At the moment, this is the most preferred operation by patients and doctors at the Sourasky Center.
Cost of cerebral aneurysm treatment in the Sourasky center
Get a free indicative aneurysm treatment program from the Clinics Direct International Support Center coordinator.