Sheba medical center (Tel Hashomer) is an Israeli medical center, belongs to a state institution and rightfully takes the place of one of the best and largest medical centers in Tel Hashomer. The clinic is accredited according to American JCI (Joint Commission International) standards, which is an indisputable proof of the hospital's world-class level.
Clinic them. Haima Sheba (Tel Hashomer)
Clinic them. Haima Sheba (Tel Hashomer) is an Israeli medical center, belongs to a state institution and rightfully takes the place of one of the best and largest medical centers in Tel Hashomer.
The strengths of the clinic are: the treatment of oncological diseases, oncohematological both in adults and in children. Often patients choose this clinic for brain and spinal cord surgeries, joint replacement surgeries and pediatric orthopedics Sheba provides patients with all the necessary postoperative care and rehabilitation. Psychologists for children and adults who speak Russian work at the base.
Leave a request on our Clinics Direct website and get an individual treatment program, find out the cost of diagnostics, surgery in the best clinic in Israel!
The clinic is accredited according to American JCI (Joint Commission International) standards, which is an indisputable proof of the hospital's world-class level.
For the treatment of what diseases it is worth choosing a clinic for them. Haim Shiba?
Israeli medical centers are # 1 for oncology treatment, and Sheba is not an exception, but rather a confirmation of this. According to statistics, it is here that the highest rates of patient recovery, even in the late stages of diseases, are found. The hospital includes the following departments:
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Cardiac Surgery
- Safra Children's Hospital
- Rehabilitation center
The main advantages of Sheba Medical Center
- Close cooperation with American hospitals in the USA, exchange of experience among doctors, the possibility of using proven treatment protocols, professional development and skills of Israeli doctors in America.
- The hospital's management has entered into direct contracts with pharmacological companies, for use in treatment only drugs that have clinical trials and an evidence base, which excludes unwanted effects during therapy and are absolutely effective.
- For the convenience of each patient, the clinic made sure that each patient could freely communicate with the doctor, which is why the staff and the attending physician speak several languages: Russian, English, European, or provide a professional translator.
- On the basis of Sheba, there is a department for working with foreign patients, the purpose of which is to provide a personal assistant, arrange a meeting at the airport and resolve the issue of accommodation for accompanying persons.
- After treatment, each patient receives recommendations and discharges in his native language, and his attending physician remains in touch as long as necessary.
Arriving for treatment at a public hospital, only the best specialists will deal with you, namely professors, associate professors and the head of departments.
The doctor who takes care of patients with oncology is Professor Raanan Berger, head of the department of the International Oncology Center. Raanan Berger has over 20 years of medical experience and studied at Harvard University in America. The doctor is actively involved in the development of new treatment methods and the drafting of protocols, which has always been confirmed by clinical studies. In particular, it treats patients with cancer of the genitourinary system.
If we talk about the department itself, then here they use surgical methods, chemotherapy and radiation therapy, and immunotherapy for benign and malignant neoplasms.
More about the methods:
- the diagnostic center includes a department of laboratory and functional diagnostics, which can confirm or deny the diagnosis and then prescribe the correct treatment.
- in the case of the appointment of surgical treatment - the patient is prepared for the upcoming operation and the advantages and risks of this method are explained. According to statistics, patients have only 1% of complications.
- further prescription of chemotherapy, radiation or immunotherapy - reduces the risk of metastases to a minimum.
- new methods of treatment with the introduction of linear accelerators: TrueBeam and Novalis , as well as radiation therapy (SBRT) and brachytherapy - preserves healthy tissues and health in general for the patient, directing therapy only to the site of the lesion.
- treatment in hematology oncology is carried out for adults and children, using methods of bone marrow transplantation, autotransplantation and with a related donor, immunotherapy to maintain and restore health.
- the cancer center includes specialized departments for the treatment of sarcoma and melanoma.
- our own laboratory allows using genetic diagnostics to select an individual drug that is 100% effective for your diagnosis.
The Department of Neurosurgery deals with the treatment of diseases of the brain and spinal cord. The clinic's surgeons perform microsurgery operations using robotic equipment, which is less traumatic for the patient's body and health and halves the recovery period.
Head of the department, Professor Nachshon Knoller. The doctor specializes in the treatment of spine and skull injuries. Medical experience over 26 years.
The center has a radiology department, where patients undergo MRI and CT diagnostics. To control the progress of an operation on the spinal cord or brain, specialists have the opportunity to conduct magnetic resonance imaging directly during the operation, which practically does not make mistakes.
Treatment of cardiovascular diseases at the Center for Cardiology
The Center for Cardiology is renowned for its successful aortic operations in patients with serious cardiac pathologies. The head of the department, Professor Raanni Ehud, after graduation, underwent practical training and advanced training in the USA and Canada. The doctor has 28 years of experience in medical practice.
At the Sheba clinic, cardiac surgeons perform both open heart surgery and minimally invasive surgery through special catheters and shunts. Replacement and restoration of heart valve valves, installation of a pacemaker and surgery on the coronary arteries are performed for patients with chronic heart failure.
The department is divided into the following blocks:
- Cardiac surgery
- For cardiac rehabilitation
- Arrhythmia Treatment Center
- Bypass center
- Institute for research work.
Treatment of children's diseases at the Safra pediatric center
Chaim Sheba includes the Edmond and Lily Safra Pediatric Center, which accepts patients under 18 years of age. The clinic treats the following diseases:
- general surgery
- intensive care
Each department has a vital role to play in the health of young patients. Bone marrow transplantation is successfully performed for children. Every year, the Department of Cardiology performs more than 300 surgical interventions on the heart with congenital pathologies and genetic diseases. It is possible to carry out all the necessary diagnostics: laboratory and instrumental, for example:
- stress test
Rehabilitation at the clinic
Patients from all over the world come for rehabilitation at the Chaim Sheba Clinic. Firstly, because this is one of the best rehabilitation centers and, moreover, one of the largest, and secondly, because the center includes many directions, among them:
- rehabilitation after stroke and movement disorders
- rehabilitation of post-traumatic stress.
Patients with loss of leg and spine function - can go to a 3D motion laboratory to restore the health of lost mobility, sensitivity, etc.
What kind of service does the hospital provide?
The international department takes full care of everything you need:
- meeting at the airport
- accompaniment of an assistant-translator
- settlement of you and your family
- statements in the native language
- solution of any issues arising during treatment.
Do you have any questions? You can get a consultation for free right now by leaving a request or by calling us at Clinics Direct.